There were originally two freestanding houses here known as York House and Kent Lodge. These were bought by Queen Victoria in 1852 and form the basis of the house that was renamed Albert Cottage in 1868.
Initially, the two houses were connected by a covered way but in 1868 Kent Lodge was demolished and the remaining York House was extended and renamed Albert Cottage. It was sold in the early twentieth century and has had a number of owners and uses since.
It is currently a hotel.
Downhill to next
Uphill to next
Funded by the